Friday, January 21, 2011

1-21-11


I'm gonna regret this, I'm sure.....
but - between seeing my friend Billie so happy with her de-cluttering process
and with the stress and chaos that goes along with clutter and disorganization,
I have decided that I need to take the first step to making our lives more simple and organized 
in the Shiplett Home.
This is the first project that I'm tackling tomorrow - the laundry room, AKA the "just-throw-it-in-there" room.
Whenever I come across something that doesn't fit somebody or is the wrong "season", I throw it up on that top shelf. Yea, attractive, I know. And, under all of those clothes that were once folded, until the kids came and "sorted" through what is there to find something to wear, is a table. The floor underneath all this is just as cluttered and crazy!
My picture tomorrow (or maybe Sunday) is going to be the laundry room clean and organized. 
If I commit to it on the blog, then I have to get it done, right............? ugh

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see the finished product!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I need all the luck I can get! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Jenny! How did it go today? Can't wait to see the outcome. I bet once you get it done and see how awesome it feels, you will want to tackle something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well.....it's coming along. It's taking a little longer than I thought, but I've branched out into other areas throughout the process. Cleaned out our closets before proceeding further with cleaning out the laundry room, since I realized a lot of the problem with clothes not getting put away was because there are too many clothes in the closets! So, we worked on getting rid of lots of clothing that the kids don't wear anymore, and I fixed my dryer, so that was a great accomplishment! I'm gonna keep at it, and I'm sure I'll have a beautiful laundry room picture soon!

    ReplyDelete